TSS visa (subclass 482) is a type of work visa which Australian employers use to sponsor an individual from overseas to come and work in their business. The 482 visas were introduced in 2019 by the Australian government to replace the previous subclass 457 visa. If you’ve got the skills and want to apply for a job position with an Australia company that is willing to hire you, then you might be qualified for the TSS visa.
There are three streams to the TSS visa:
• The Labour Agreement stream
• The Medium-Term stream
• The Short-Term stream
You can refer to the CSO list and choose the stream that suits you. If your profession makes you qualified under the short-term stream, then your visa might be approved for a maximum of two years. On the other hand, if you are eligible via the medium-term stream, then your TSS visa will be approved for a maximum of four years.
You must meet the following requirements to apply:
• Meet the character and health checks required for all Australian visa applicants
• During your stay in Australia, arrange to have health insurance
• Have a knowledge of the English language
What are the eligibility requirements to apply for a TSS visa (subclass 482)?
The general requirements of the TSS visa application include:
1. You have at least two years of field experience in your profession
2. You have been nominated for a job position by an Australian employer who wants to hire you
3. You have an occupation on the Consolidated Skilled Occupations List
4. If you’re in Australia, you must fulfill all the visa requirements, have a bridging visa A, B, or C or substantive visa.
5. You must satisfy DHA requirements for excellent health and character
6. You’ve vocational English language ability
7. You have the relevant qualifications and skills for your occupation
Note: There’s no age limitation for the TSS visa (subclass 482) application.